Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Funky Monkey

A year or so ago I brewed a bavarian weizen and added six pounds of banana to it, I also hopped it with Citra hops, and unbelievably, it was pretty balanced, almost tipped towards the citra.  I've been wanting to brew that again, but chillax on the hops so that more banana comes out, but I also wanted to do it without and bananas this time.  So, with my joint homebrew club picnic a week away, I'm going to try to crank this batch out.  I am also fiddling with the idea to do a decoction, and possibly a sour mash in order to get a little more complexity out of it.  But, I'm also leaning towards doing this one as a single infusion batch sparge and foregoing the sour mash, then maybe doing the former of the two ideas when I have some more time.

RECIPE:
Batch #38
6 Gallon batch
5.5# Weyerman Pilsner
5.5# Weyerman Light Wheat Malt
1 oz. Hallertauer (60)
1/2 oz Hallertauer (1)
Wyeast 3068, 1L starter, pitched at high krausen.

8/5 BREWDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment