Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 Brew Calendar

The Plan: I have been enjoying brewing again, and I definitely feel more confident than my first go at it back in 2001/2002. I had no idea what the hell I was doing, and not very many people to turn to... and there was nothing online yet. So, I was going to wait for a full year before doing all grain again, but I thought... it's a new year, what the hell! While I am traveling, I decided to try and write out a tentative brew calendar for the year, based off of what I would like to be drinking at a particular time and how long it'll take for it to be ready. I also have a hefty goal of trying to brew every other weekend... not sure how long that'll hold up, but it's worth a shot! So here we go....


















4/11 - CHECK-IN:
I thought I'd check in with my brew calendar and maybe adjust a few things since I've fallen a bit behind as well as switched a few things around. So far I've brewed: Chocolate Stout (plus chili & mint EXPs), Dunkelweizen, Brown Ale, Brown Rice Lager, and Funky Monkey (my banana hefe concoction). All have been all-grain, and so far the chocolate stouts, dunkelweizen, and brown ale have had this weird after taste... but apparently it's me because others have tried them and don't taste it... go figure. I blame it on using tap water, and all were brewed using tap water except the last one - funky monkey. It's a little odd that I have nothing in any carboys right now, well aside from my cider that is still chillin.

No comments:

Post a Comment